Tuesday 27 October 2015

Caledonia Investments update

Just keeping this one warm. As it stands, the Electoral Commission register of donations continues to list two donations from Caledonia Investments PLC worth £4000 in the financial year to 31 March 2015. As previously noted these were not disclosed in the company's annual report and were not covered by previous authority granted by shareholders (Fidelity voted in favour, natch) to make such donations.

As it stands, the FRC has told me that the company has "confirmed" to them that it did not make the donations. The Electoral Commission has told me that it is in discussions with the Conservative Party about the donations. On this basis of the info I currently have, I assume that the donations were wrongly logged by the Party, possibly because they were made by the Cayzer Trust (though I'm just speculating here). Otherwise, if the donations were made by Caledonia, I think company law has been breached.

No comments: